Home Forums How's it going?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Tessa,

I have completed all of the workbook questions and looking at the answers I have more work to do next week than I thought with some simple errors in some places mainly around the residence nil rate band and estate calls, I thought I understood when completing the reading but on application I need to go back to the drawing board in some areas.

I would rather find out with just over a week to go than end of next week, that’s my positive spin on it and will refocus tomorrow and next week, plenty of questions to come your way next week I’m sure 🙂

Ben Whisken
    Participant

Calcs not calls 😂

Tessa Roberts
    Participant

You’ve plenty of time yet 🙂

Tessa.

Tutor for Expert Pensions.

Julie Stewart
    Participant

Hi Tessa,

I’m still feeling the love via the AF5 forum so all good 😄.

I’m partially through the revision book, which I am finding hard in areas – sometimes I appear to be answering a question that’s not asked, which I am finding too with past papers e.g. describe the bankrupts obligations in bankruptcy, so rather than list his obligations re disclosure etc, I waxed lyrical about not being able to get credit over £500 etc etc so all correct, but wrong question. Don’t know if it’s the wording or me misinterpreting it.

Also how precise does our answer terminology need to be? Ideally we’ll be using correct technical terms but if the right idea is there, will we get the mark?

Thanks,

Julie.

Tessa Roberts
    Participant

AF5 forum is fab this time around – suspect it helps there are so many of my lovely AF1’ers there too 🙂

Technical terms are great because you sound like you know what you are talking about – it gives the examiner a warm glow and pre-disposes them to thinking positively of you (in my opinion…) – more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt (they’re only human).

You’ll still get marks for the right idea, it just makes it a little harder for the examiner to know for sure if you’ve got it correct – they’ll have to spend more time looking at your answer so it’s more of a subjective decision as to whether you get the mark.

As for answering the wrong question – take your time.

My top tip (if you don’t feel too daft doing it) – cover the question with your hand in the exam – reveal one word at a time so you actively read it (rather than skim which is where the danger can come in) – once you’ve read the question, jot down your interpretation of it, read the question again and check the two tally.

Tessa.

Tamnnaj
    Participant

Hi Tessa

I feel there’s quite a bit to get through and every question I do, I’m spending double time, as I’m doing and reviewing.

But/so…getting there! :/

Tamnna

Tessa Roberts
    Participant

It’s all good quality revision Tamnna 🙂

Tessa.

Julie Stewart
    Participant

Thanks Tessa,

I am trying hard on the technical lingo – it’s all the different terminology for the various acts/ duties that seems not to be sticking now.

Julie

Tessa Roberts
    Participant

Hi Julie,

Revision tends to be like that – you think you’be got something and then it disappears in a puff of smoke…am sure it’ll be there in your brain somewhere – make sure to take breaks to let your brain rest too.

Tessa.

Tessa Roberts
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m conscious I’ve been flat out with AF5 / R06.

Hope you’re not feeling too neglected – the analyses are now done so I can bring more of my attention back to you.

How are you finding the revision materials / mocks?

Tessa.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.