Here’s a selection of short video tutorials to help you get started with your Expert Pension Learning. If you get stuck with anything, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01506 657318
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for or need to discuss matters further please contact us either by completing our contact request form or emailing us direct at email@example.com
- Exam Support FAQs >>
- Course Navigation FAQs >>
- Workshop FAQs >>
- Billing and Payment FAQs >>
- Other FAQs >>
Exam Support FAQs
- I am unsure what exams to sit and in what order?
- I am thinking about doing 2 or more exams in one sitting – what should I do?
- Do I need to buy the CII study material in addition to EPL material?
- Does your package include my registration and relevant exam fee?
- What exams do you support?
- I have heard mention “double bubble” in relation to the exams – what does this mean/refer to?
- Is PCIAM recognised by the CII for Chartered Status?
- What exam support options do you provide?
- Will you post my learning material to me?
- How long will I have access to my course?
- Can I access all my course material immediately?
- Is your material up to date?
- Can I download my material?
- How do I view your videos and can I download them?
- I cannot play my videos or download my documents?
- Can I earn CPD credits for your exam support?
- Who can access the material I purchase?
- What do I do if I am struggling with parts of my course?
I am unsure what exams to sit and in what order?
If you send us details we will get back to you as soon as possible to see if we can help you
I am thinking about doing more than 2 or more exams in one sitting – what should I do?
If you send us your details we will get back to you.
Do I need to buy the CII study material in addition to EPL material?
Whilst our study material is a fully blended approach, which has various options including Essential Study Notes, Video Tutorials, Quizzes, Face to Face Workshops and much more. You can never have too many study resources and the CII books are great. Many of our customers have used only our material to pass whilst others have used a combination – it is a personal thing.
Does your package include my registration and relevant exam fee?
No, you need to do/pay for this via the relevant exam body. We have no association, relationship indirect nor direct with any examination body (CII, CISI of IFS)
What exams do you support?
- R01, R02, R03, R04, R05 and R08 (Level 4) [Please note the last sitting of R08 is August 2018]
- AF1, AF4, AF5, AF7 (Level 6)
- CISI PCIAM and CISI PT&PA
- LIBF (PETR)
And we are continually looking to add to our library of support packages.
Why not check out our full library , or select the exam you are looking for from the Exam Support menus at the top of our website.
I have heard mention “double bubble” in relation to the exams – what does this mean/refer to?
This is when the learning material/content in one exam is similar to another and it would be a good idea to take advantage of this to get 2 exams and sets of credits under your belt from the same study material.
E.g R04 and AF7 or AF4 and CISI PCIAM
Is PCIAM recognised by the CII for Chartered Status?
Yes, you get 30 AF unspecified credits. John did it himself and claimed the credits after passing in June 2015. It replaces an AF exam.
What exam support options do you provide?
- Notes and Workbook only (Essential Study Notes)
- Notes, Workbook, Quizzes, Videos, Weekly Exam Style Questions & Answers, Webinars, Mock Exams, Forum, CPD Accredited (Structured Study Plan)
- Face to Face Workshops (which include Structured Study Plan) – CPD accredited
- Virtual Workshops (highly interactive live online sessions – focused on doing the doing – just before the exam)
If you would like to discuss your options further please contact us by either completing our contact request form or emailing us direct at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will you post my learning material to me?
No all your material will be available online via your membership account. This is created when you purchase one of our courses and an email is automatically sent to you with your login details.
How long will I have access to my course?
This can vary from a few days e.g trial modules to 12 months (certain Structured Study Plans) – please check your order/website before purchasing.
Can I access all my course material immediately?
For most courses, your exam support package will be automatically added to your online membership account, once our Gateway Provider (Stripe) has confirmed payment completed.
Is your material up to date?
You will have access to any relevant exam updates during the term of your membership.
Can I download my material?
Downloadable material is currently in protected PDF format – please click on the relevant link and then save the document to your PC/Laptop.
How do I view your videos and can I download them?
No our videos cannot be downloaded but must be viewed online via your course membership account.
I cannot play my videos or download my documents?
Please ensure you have the relevant software e.g Adobe…….
Some PC’s and/or companies can block videos depending on the firewalls they have in place. If this is not the case try using a different browser or device to view them. If you are still having issues please contact email@example.com
Can I earn CPD credits for your exam support?
You will earn CPD credits towards your SPS from our online Structured Study Plan and workshops – further details can be found on the relevant product pages. These will be shown as digital cpd badges.
Who can access the material I purchase?
Our materials and support services are provided for private study by a specific, named person in preparation for the specified exams. They may not be used for any other purpose. They may not be resold or made available to others.
What do I do if I am struggling with parts of my course?
We have a fantastic peer forum set up (for our Structured Study Plan members only) where you can discuss all your exam questions with other members – and also help others…
Our exam tutors oversee these forums to ensure your understanding of the topics.
Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Expert Pensions and our courses.
- I haven’t received my login details – what should I do?
- How do I log in to my account?
- Can I change my password?
- Where do I find/access my courses?
I haven’t received my login details – what should I do?
Please check your spam/junk folder first – if in there please add to your contacts to ensure you receive your Expert Pensions notifications direct to your inbox.
How do I log in to my account?
You should select the MY ACCOUNT link in the heading of the EPL website (above). Then login using details from email sent to you when you purchased the course.
Can I change my password?
Yes, go to MY ACCOUNT and add in username or email then scroll down the page and select “Lost your password” – you will then be sent a link to allow you to change the password to one that you can remember.
Where do I find/access my courses?
Once logged into your membership account your Registered Courses will be revealed – just click to select and access.
Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Expert Pensions and our Workshops.
- Where are your workshops held and how long are they for?
- Is accommodation included in my workshop cost?
- I can’t make a workshop what do I do?
- I still hold a valid membership for online Structured Study Plan but wish to attend one of your workshops – what do I do?
- Preperation required for workshop
Where are your workshops held and how long are they for?
Our 2, 3, 4 or 4.5 day workshops are held in one of three venues:
- Milton Keynes at the Kentshill Park Training and Conference Centre: http://kentshillpark.com/
- Cairn Hotel, Bathgate, West Lothian – couple of minutes from EPL HQ: http://www.cairnhotelbathgate.co.uk/
- EPL HQ – Unit 20 Evans Easyspace, Bathgate: Find us
- Virtual Workshops (join us from the comfort of your own home or office)
Full details of our workshops can be found on the relevant exam support page
PLEASE NOTE WE MUST RECEIVE PAYMENT IN FULL PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF EVENT.
Is accommodation included in my workshop cost?
Your own accommodation (if required), travel and meals etc are not included in our workshop packages – you must organise and pay for these yourself.
I can’t make a workshop what do I do?
If you realise you are unable to attend a workshop that you have booked please contact us as soon as possible at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to our terms and conditions as detailed on our website.
I still hold a valid membership for online Structured Study Plan but wish to attend one of your workshops – what do I do?
Please contact us on email@example.com where we will be able to help.
Preparation required for workshop
The expectation is that you will have completed your online course prior to attending the event. This is to ensure you get the maximum benefit from the event. These workshops ensure you can apply your knowledge into the case studies.
Billing / Payment FAQs
Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Expert Pensions and our Billing & Payment.
- Can I pay using my debit/credit card?
- Can I be sent an invoice?
- Does the total cost of your courses include VAT?
Can I pay using my debit/credit card?
Yes – once you have decided on the product you wish to purchase please follow the online instructions and your payment will be taken by our Gateway Provider – Stripe.
We do not take take card payments direct.
Can I be sent an invoice?
Should your company require an invoice please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the total cost of your courses include VAT?
VAT (currently 20%) will be charged at checkout.